Monday, April 11, 2016

Blue Jay's Fan purse!!

I used the Morning Glory Pattern from Blue Calla Patterns, to make a cross body bag for my friend Jen.  Jen is officially the biggest Jay's fan ever!!!!!  I added on the straps to make it a cross body bag, it took a bit of fiddling with to make room for the hooks, since the pattern is made as a clutch or wristlet.  But it all worked out in the end.

The Jay's logo is a 'reverse applique'.  So the focal point is recessed behind the fabric.  The Blue Jays Logo was embroidered by my friend Heather at  Bolder Quilts.













I realized I didn't have any fabric that would go well with this.  All I had was this chevron, but I felt it was too busy for the outside....so I popped into The Sewing Cafe in Georgetown, and found a lovely Kona cotton in the exact shade of Navy Blue.  After that I went over and saw Gina at Arts and Crafts 4 You.  She had this red stripe Northcott fabric, and I loved it, it said 'baseball' to me.



I wasn't sure what to do for the top stitching.  I had thought of hand embroidering it...but then I found this stitch on my machine and though it's not the exact stitch they use on baseballs, it's pretty close and gives the right look. 





No comments:

Post a Comment