Friday, January 13, 2017

Flora Supply Case


I finally got around to blogging this.  This is the Flora Supply Case pattern, by Clover & Violet.  I looked all over for the ideal pattern, I wanted to make something to hold diabetic supplies for my dear friend who had just been diagnosed with Diabetes.  I searched online and found that Tishia of  #tkinggae on Instgram had made one, and it was adorable.  I messaged her to find out what size, and she was very helpful.  To see her's click this link to her Instagram picture https://www.instagram.com/p/5THUKVpl4z 


I found this amazing fabric from Meerkat Shewshwe's booth at the Creative Festival 2016.  I had never worked with this kind of fabric before, but the colors and textures were so unique I knew I had to give it a try.  This fabric is really hard to photograph, I can't quite capture the colors, and vibrancy. 


It was a fairly simple sew,  the hardest part was adding the zipper and bias tape around it, but just go slowly, perhaps start with a basting stitch????  It's not perfect but I was happy with how it turned out.


These were a few FQ's I got in the Hot Ice line, they're so pretty.  http://shop.meerkatshweshwe.com/products/hot-ice-8s   

2 comments:

  1. I love how you handled the zipper tab! And the colors you chose for the pouch. Bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very nice work! Hope mine turns out this good.

    ReplyDelete